A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...

A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...
A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Please Call Me Sexy - Men vs Women

In a recent conversation, a female friend of a friend stated that when a man (such man not being the woman's boyfriend) calls a woman "Sexy" it usually means he's on some level of interest of having sex with her.  This female friend of a friend then stated that when the opposite occurs - namely a woman calls a man (who's not her boyfriend) "Sexy" it is usually meant in a slightly different way, and that doesn't necessarily mean that she wants to have sex with that man.

Ohh boy!  This was right up my alley.

I replied to this woman that when I was a young man, if a girl called me sexy, yes it indeed made me feel confident, gave me a nice testosterone charged, chest pounding machismo for the day.  I also said that such a comment could mean that she was probably attracted to me in some form or fashion.  If I found her equally attractive - I knew that I was "in".  Now as I'm just two years away from 50yrs, if a woman starts calling me sexy, I start checking for my wallet to make sure that it's still "in" my pocket.

To be fair and flip the topic matter the other way around, I must admit that when men start calling a woman sexy, we usually do want some kind of favor - or yes - sex!  We certainly don't say it to a woman to give her a spiritual life?  Nor are we usually trying to help her through some 12 step confidence building program.  I usually call my wife "sexy" when the TV remote is out of reach, or I forgot to pick up my clothes from the cleaners, or I'm hungry and don't want to cook...

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment