A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...

A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...
A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Origins of "Cop Killer" the Private iTeam



I know folks are waiting for part 5 of the Private iTeam.  It is on the way.  I wanted to briefly share a summary of several conversations that I've had with friends about it.  As I stated in an earlier post, the Private iTeam is story idea that has evolved in my private writings for the better part of a decade.  First a single character, then a couple extra characters.  Then it was a very large team of tech savvy members, which then turned into a single group of various life characters intermixed with the main character's family.  My first copyrighted version was in 2010, a short story which I have yet to publish.  The story is entitled, "A Murder In Long Beach".  There are two prequel stories as well as several background stories...which all mostly chronicle Gio's work when he was a lone, private detective, before he formed his team.  Those stories will be coming out of my vaults, I assure you.

So why the "Cop Killer" theme to this story?  Very simple.  For this blog, I wanted to write something from the heart about issues that effect New Yorkers everyday, right now.  Not only New Yorkers, but everyone, everywhere.  People in law enforcement who cross the line and join the criminal world.  Criminals who cross the line and try to legitimatize, or clean their money and enter the law abiding world.  Banks and businesses who work with all sides of the law, and write it all off as doing business as usual.  The links in my "Cop Killer" theme (that's the highlighted text) are not only links for sound effects and video music, but they are also links to actual events that have happened in the streets of New York.  News articles that you can read back to and see that even though this is a fictional story, it is truly factually based.

I owe many thank yous to friends, coworkers and family for helping me with information and pictures.  I owe a big thank you to the artist Antonella Mason for allowing me to help share and spread her beautiful work to the world.  Many hours have been spent putting this all together for my readers.  I hope you've all enjoyed this one story with the Private iTeam, but there are many more to follow.  I will keep you posted as I continue to debate within myself on the best medium to present them.  I am stuck between posting the short ones here, or my own website - or just self publishing the longer ones as books.  I've had these characters in my head for so long, who like us, are trying to do the right thing everyday within the scope of their work and their lives.  Email at nyeastside.info@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment