A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...

A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...
A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sorry...Death In My Extended Families...

To my readers:

Sorry for my delay.  Within the last ten days I lost two friends from my childhood.  One of whom I just socialized with last summer, after the death of a different friend at that time.  We spoke at the funeral parlor and then later in front of the buildings we grew up in.  I couldn't attend the services for these two recent friends due to the demands of my job.  But, I was able to reconnect with some additional friends from my childhood, via the Internet and phone calls, that I haven't spoken to in a while.

Well...if that wasn't enough...then came the tragic death of a person from my job in an accidental shooting by police officers.  It was a botched robbery that turned into a hostage situation.  It got worse when the responding police officers then accidentally shot the victim of the robbery, while also taking down the gun waving suspect.

Believe me, my head has been spinning the past 10 days.  I've tried to sit down and write and put my ideas together, but it's been very, very difficult.  Life is truly a blessing and is also truly short.  10 days...three separate deaths.  Each more tragic than the other.

We men try to act like emotional bombardments don't effect us.  But they do.  My prayers to their families, as well as to the families in Oklahoma.

I will be back in a couple more days, soon as I get ahead of these emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment