A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...

A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...
A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Love and Inspiration...customer loyalty.

Okay...that was easy.  I've had about a week's rest time.  In the meantime, I've noticed plenty of pageviews on my blog in my absence and no emails about any viewing issues.  Everyone seems to be getting access one way or the other.  Yay! 

Yes I was away from writing for a week.  There is a mental wear and tear (and then repair) cycle to keeping things on here moving right along.  I hope everyone who is visiting me has continued to enjoy what they have read.

You can email me any time with comments.  NYEastsideEntertainment@gmail.com   I would be happy to hear from you.

I've had a minor health issue flare up again this week.  It's pretty amazing what a tiny fragment of metal can do to injure the body weeks after it been embedded.

It's been a nice down time to sit back and absorb life a little.  Funny thing happened on my Facebook page.  I made my usual sarcastic/humorous reprint of a local NY sports team who seems to be making yet another historic cycle of failure in their league.  The team is tne NY Jets.  Now I have many, many friends, including myself who have supported and absolutely love the NY Jets.  They have won only one Super Bowl and have been owned by only two families since their beginning.  They are actually the only major sports team in all of New York City who hasn't won at least two championships in their sport the last 70 years.  They have spent millions of dollars and can seem to do no better no matter who has owned them, what coach has come in, what players they have attracted to play for the team.  It is a remarkable, if not sad episode of seeming professional sports futility.

I can understand what owning a business means, especially to sports team owners.  There are some years when you know you don't have the right team to win it all, but you have to fill your stadium seats up and sell jerseys to keep your franchise above water.  You have to do what you have to do, say what you have to say, and advertise whatever you have to sell, in order to keep fans filling your stadium.  I get that.  Every business goes through that.  But then again there are times when you MUST know you've failed both your fans, your family, your city...and really must do a BETTER job at making your team a marque team in one of the worlds biggest money markets like New York City.

It is my feeling that this organization seems to have lost contact with the idea of putting an actual winning team together.  That pennies and nickles in contracts and balance sheets matter more than giving your fans...your bread and butter...the heart and soul of your franchise - people who follow your team,  and pay thousands of dollars, sit in hot August seats outdoors and brave the freezing temperatures of the late season play in December - something better.  Sometimes you simply have to lay the books to the side and do what's right for the people who've supported you.  The people who got you to this position in the first place.

There are times when, just like a small store owner, a big sports business has to remember to pay tribute to their customer.  Sometimes when you know you've put out a bad product on the shelf and your fans are headed for another season of misery, its wise to simply repay them for their loyalty.  Just as a small shop owner may see one of his customers a little short of money at the cash register, the owner just waves the customer on and declines any payment.  Sometimes, in the case of the NY Jets, its worth ignoring the financial books and just simply bringing in and paying the right athletes, the right money and build a truly professional and competitive atmosphere in the locker room that will never change or wain over time.  It's been 43 years.  The fans are owed something back for all those years of support over futility.  It's just my humble opinion.

It seems like in all forms of business, when companies and people running those companies lose perspective on the actual heart and soul that makes them work - the people - that's when things start to decline.  The PEOPLE are the workers who help keep the company running, and the clients or customers for which they serve.  Those relationships should never get lost in the success or the failure of that company.  It is the one sacred relationship that should never be forgotten.  Trust me, as I look back and see my pageviews increase, even when I'm too tired, too busy with family life or sidelined with an injury, it really motivates me to get back on the horse as soon as possible and work hard for those of you expecting more from me. 

Perhaps in a time when the world is experiencing regional economic woes and the battle of haves and have nots continue to be waged...maybe it's become fashionable to forget "relationships" in business.  Perhaps the most important thing is just make the money and spend the money, and repeat it all the next day, the next week..  I think we lose a bit of ourselves in that cycle.  We are all passing through this world, this life.  I prefer to continue to try to remember and appreciate the ups and the downs of all the relationships I have forged in this life.  I try to remember every face, every name and every soul that touched or inspired me.  And I try to remember to give back that same inspiration to those that interact with me.

Whether I make money via the Internet through business or not, what amount of money can ever replace love and inspiration?

Thank you everyone for continuing to view my pages.  Your positive energy inspires me, even when I'm taking a rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment