A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...

A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...
A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...

Sunday, October 28, 2012

"There's A Storm Coming..."

I remember watching the move "The Dark Knight Rises" and in one of its more memorable moments...Selena Kyle, aka The Cat Woman tells Bruce Wayne, aka Batman, that "There's a storm coming Mr. Wayne.  You and your friends better batten down the hatches..."

And that's exactly the way we New Yorkers and others in the northeastern part of the United States feel.  Within the last 14 months, we've been hammered by a dozen small, but torrential rainstorms and now the second of two major hurricanes.  There will probably been heavier water damage and loss of power this time around.  This new storm has been named, Sandy.

One of my very good friends lives down in Palm Bay, Florida...and she told me that the Sandy had passed her coastline.  She had a storm party down there.  As this "Frankenstorm" travels north up the eastern coastline...it's projected to intensity.  The images and damage from last August's 2011 storm, Irene were astounding.  This storm, Sandy may be even worse.  Thanks for the heads up to my friend in FL.

All that being said, unless conditions in my area in New York become extreme, I will continue to write and publish.  Perhaps describing people's response to the events and conditions here will provide some form of interest or entertainment.  My house is equipped with a generator and food stocks are in.

Yeah, this could get interesting.

But, Sandy isn't the only storm coming this week.  At this time I'd like to thank friends for reaching out to me through other media and inquiring about my other blog.  So far it has been getting many views internationally as well as domestically.  However, the time has come for me to to unveil it for those who do not have Twitter.  It is time to get dirty.  It is time to get blue.

For the first time ever, introducing www.ESpeakeasy.blogspot.com.

I'm happy to say that quite a few of you have been reaching it through my Twitter connection.  I didn't want to open it without first getting some writing legs under it.  For those who do read it, I hope that you will remember that ESpeakeasy is a blend of some real life and fictional events, and characters.  It definitely has a different tone than this blog.  It was created to tell some darker and more symbolic stories and events that I couldn't necessarily tell on here.  If you don't like, then don't go.  It's not the Disney Channel.

What does the "E" in Speakeasy stand for?  I welcome email answers.  The first ten people to get it right will receive some sort of prise.  I'm undetermined on whether those gifts should be a t-shirt or a pen, since I have to purchase these items in large lots to reduce the price.

Please feel free to email me any feedback on either blog at NYEastsideEntertainment@gmail.com 

I don't think all the comment controls are functioning properly here, so a direct email is probably best.  For now, please do enjoy your weekend, stay safe and keep visiting my blogs.  My writing storm is a coming too...

No comments:

Post a Comment