A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...

A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...
A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...

Sunday, August 12, 2012


Before I continue on this week with part two of my fictional story "The Page" I'd like to take a moment to thank and acknowledge some friends of mine who checked out my links to my blog and read through some of my past posts.  Thank you very much.  I hope you will continue to check in from time to time to see me stir the pot for some good thinking on life issues.

In addition, feedback is welcomed in emails or comments.  Even things that you might want to say or express, but have shared with me, I hope I can find a way to bring them out here and discuss/share with other people.

Seems like the Olympics will be wrapping up soon.  Our American athletes did perform well overall.  That's kind of cool to know and see.  Even better was the fact that there weren't any issues about attacks against our athletes.  The world, so far has been able to enjoy the Olympics and get to appreciate athletes from all over the world represent their country very graciously.  I'm really glad that so far, that has been the case.

Last night I watched some Youtube video clips of an old, Sunday morning kid show called "Wonderama".  It was nice to watch that and relive some of that show's funny, magical moments.  Then I researched the career of the shows host, Bob McAllister, who became the long running low ratings show in 1967 and stayed until 1977 when either he was fired or the show cancelled.  Who would have known that the man who brought this show it's greatest ratings ever - had ongoing issues with the show's producers.  Their antagonistic relationship reached a breaking point in 1977.

If bringing in money and viewership for the show wasn't enough for those producers to work something out with McAllister...then how does most of us fair at our own jobs if push came to shove from upper management?  When everyone is profiting, seems like it should be a no-brainer to let the worker, or in this case the show's host, have his artistic way.  Anyway...seemed a bit unfair of an end for a man who managed to bring smiles and laughs to millions of kids faces.  Yes, the show seems corny and outdated by today's standards, but that's what was out there. 

My favorite part of his show was the show's end theme song.  "Kids Are People Too".  Once again...such a corny song.  But in today's day and age of social issues and social reform...we need to repeat McAllister's mantra in that song.  "Kids are people too".  I just love that.

Anyway...stay tuned for part 2 of "The Page".  A story about two versions of blind faith, hope and change.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment