A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...

A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...
A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...

Monday, August 27, 2012


Let's dance into the light...

So it was a busy weekend for me this past weekend.  In the past 14 days I've have watched the page views on my blog steadily rise.  Thank you everyone!  This response has forced me to make the time to focus within myself even more and keep bringing out the best writing inside in me.  I promise to deliver even more, and better with each passing week - and I mean every bit of those words.  I now feel indebted to bring you at least three posts a week, including the eventual conclusion to my fictional story "The Page".  In addition, I am working on newer sets of short fictional stories of the same caliber to entertain you.  Even though many of you are thousands of miles away throughout the United States, United Kingdom, Russia, Germany, and Ireland...I can literally feel your positive energy coming through my monitor.  It's as if  we were all holding hands and enjoying this roller coaster ride through life together.  And the reality is we are!  Please do continue to view the different pages on this blog and tell a friend or two who you think might enjoy it as well!  Let's keep recycling this positive energy and help it grow!

You know there's a Phil Collins song that comes into my mind.  His "Dance Into The Light" song.  If you know the song and its lyrics, that's kind of what we should be doing everyday.  There can be so much potential negative energy in our lives, surrounding our lives, affecting our lives...everyday or every week.  We can push it back, if we try.  We must accept these negatives as purely challenges in our lives.  We must fight hate with love, and evil with goodness.  Now I don't mean that in a wimpy sort of way.  I mean it in a very empowering way. If you fight hate with hate, you'll only create just more hate.  If you fight evil with evil...you'll only create more evil.  Here's a little secret...we can't stop hate or evil.  It's always going to be out there in the world.  What we need to remember to do is shield ourselves with such powerful positive energy like love and goodness that evil just bounces off of us.  That is the "light" that we must keep dancing towards.

Here's an example of what you can do. Whatever you are right now reading this, walk into a room where everyone looks depressed, angry or just a low level of energy.  Walk into that room with a bounce and maybe even humming one of your favorite upbeat songs (like Phil Collins "Dance Into The Light") and just watch how your positive energy will effect that whole room.  Like a pebble dropped into a pond.

Now I know some people in that room will give you strange negative looks, or even make fun of you or criticize you "Why are you so happy?"  Here's the answer inside my head, "Because I am a child of God.  Because we are all a children of God, made up of flesh and bones.  Because I was able to wake up today and get out of bed and embrace my fellow human beings in this thing we call life and I enjoy that daily challenge!  All the problems and sufferings I deal with everyday, I know I have the spiritual energy inside me to handle them and overcome them.  And so can you."

But outside my mouth I may just have to impart a far more simple answer "Hey man (or woman), it's Monday and the start of a new week.  Whatever I didn't get right last week, I'm going to work at it and get it right this week!  Besides which, I'm happy, alive and free!"

I guarantee some of them will respond with additional negatives like:  "You're not really free" "Stop being so chipper, it's too early in the day" "You're always smiling all the time"  "You've got four kids, how can you be so happy?"

Yes...I've heard it all.  And its all negative energy.  But, I just keep on smiling and maintain my upbeat energy and just walk away.  I've got a ton of problems just like everyone else, but I don't let that stop me from enjoying every minute I have on this earth.  I'm not going to let anyone rob me of even one second of that time.  And you shouldn't either!  As the day goes on, my smile and energy in that room eventually becomes a shared smile all around that room.  It's inevitable with me.  For my friends and coworkers reading this blog - you know this is how you see me everyday?  Now you know why.

So to my friends, fans, and family.  Let us join spirits and keep dancing into the light!  Have a great day and rest of your week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment