A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...

A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...
A City Teeming With Many Lives...and Many Stories...

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Positive Time Spent Is Never A Waste...


Yesterday evening, I was on the phone with my cellular phone company for over two hours, trying to repair a broken application on my phone.  Anyone who has handled computers or been on the phone with a cellular phone company knows that everything takes time.  You have to go across and test all issues one by one.  After the time was spent, I had virtually a "new" phone again as it had to be reset to right out of the factory again. I had backed up and restored all of my other applications and photos, videos, contacts.  Everything was good. 

Three hours later, that same application was broken again. 

Now it is quick and easy to say that the two hours I spent was a waste of time. But I completely disagree with that notion.  By walking step by step with the technician "Gina" and testing, each and every possibility, I was able to learn more about my phone and how it is set up.  In addition, she and I made small talk, while we waited for certain things to load up into either my computer or my phone.  It was a beautiful moment of life exchange.  Positive energy exchange.  I learned about my phone and about the beauty of someone else's struggles in life.

I truly appreciated her time, earnest energy to assist me and repair my broken phone.  Although hours later, the application failed once again, nothing can replace me appreciating learning of her amazing multicultural and multi ethnic background, nor her learning of my razzle dazzle family life and this blog.  I told her I was going to talk about her on here.  I kept to my word, Gina.  May God continue to walk with you and your family.

And that brings me to this thought.  When I was a younger man, I was very rigid.  Very self disciplined about certain things in life.  As I've gotten older I see the different shades of grey in between the solid colors of black and white.  When I listen to music, I can appreciate the silent notes or beats in between the ones I can actually hear.  How many times do we come across a misspelled word and miss it time and time again, because our brain actually understands the mistake and compensates the error with a correction?

We need to apply that same understanding in our lives.  Not only towards one another, but within one another.  To error may be human, but to evolve is to understand the divine.

If you spent time growing up hating someone, or something or some other group of people...that is okay, as long as you have evolved past that today.  Hate is intoxicating, but it is also empty.  Love, although difficult at times, is far more fulfilling and spreads like poppy seeds in the wind.

If you have now grown into a person who understands that no race, sex, religion, ethnic group, or country has sole ownership of being morality, or more deserving of life, liberty and happiness - then you are on the right track.  Every child born on this earth is deserving of a decent life and upbringing.

Everyone, and everything around us is imperfect.  Evil is everywhere.  It lays dormant within all forms of government, laws and our own hearts.  Love, tolerance and understanding are the only things that inoculates all of us.  Deeds not words are the most universal language in the world.

There are imperfections within our religions, our countries, our families and within ourselves.  We truly need to let ourselves and each other off the impossible ability to be perfect.  We cannot resolve problems and issues in an hour, a day, a week or a millennium.  There are no guarantees or absolutes for anything.  All we can do is just try to love and respect one another and grow in that understanding every day.

Never under estimate the power of love over hate, or the power of kindness over anger, or a smile over a frown.

I wish all my readers - friends, family and strangers - to have a great week!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment